It is absolutely imperative that a person charged with a violation of probation have an aggressive and experienced Northern Kentucky Criminal Defense Attorney to represent them.
Individuals who fail to comply with their conditions of probation may face revocation of their probation which may result in jail time or state prison. These kinds of violations can often be successfully defended, but only a truly experienced lawyer will know which strategies to pursue a solid defense to an alleged probation violation. The Northern Kentucky Criminal Defense Attorneys at The Brunk Law Firm, PLLC diligently defend those accused of failing to comply with a conditions of their probation.
With probation, comes rules and regulations that must be followed. These rules must be followed to avoid returning to jail. When probation terms are violated, the defendant is eligible for more jail time and the opportunity to continue on probation may be taken off the table.
Types of Probation Violations in Northern Kentucky
Probation may be violated in the following ways:
- Failure to pay required fines or restitution to the victim
- Failure to comply with probation terms such as attending substance abuse programs or completing community service.
- Failure to report to a probation officer at the scheduled times.
- Violation of probation rules, terms and conditions.
- Possession of illegal substances or weapons.
- Being charged with or Committing a new crime.
- Being arrested
"Trish & Jeff really fight for their clients. I know I don't want anyone else defending me."Theresa F.
"Jeff was extremely knowledgeable... we ended up going to trial and winning."John L.
"Absolutely amazing... I had an extremely high-profile case that was dismissed on trial day."Brittany B.
Call us now at (859) 715-0466 or click below to contact us online.
A probation violation could result in many consequences, including more jail time. Some of the most common probation violation consequences include:
- Extension of probationary period
- Amendment to the probation terms and conditions
- Revocation of probation
- jail time as a sanction
- Community service
- Treatment programs
- Rehabilitation programs/classes
- Re-instatement of probation with the same or different terms and conditions
We've been practicing for over 20 years, and we're equally comfortable in the courtroom or at the settlement table.
We fight fiercely for our clients, committed to the highest standards of ethical practice.
We treat every client with care and respect. When you work with us, you can reach your attorney personally.
We pool our resources and utilize additional experts in the field in order to strategize for your case.